A one-year online program, Drafting and Design Online provides a strong introduction to Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) career pathways. Gain experience and active learning through blended online learning, group interaction and face-to-face meetings.
Drafting & Design Online Program Summary Sheet
- Blueprint reading
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- 3D printing
- Technology literacy skills
- Teamwork and employability skills
- Communication skills
FUTURE CAREER OPTIONS
- Mechanical engineer
- Tool designer
- Medical technician/tool designer
CERTIFICATIONS and ACADEMIC CREDIT
- Six postsecondary articulated credit
- Visual Performing Applied Arts credit
- Early college eligibility
- Precision exams certificate
- PASSES Edge Workplace Safety certificate
- CAD Mechanical Design I, II, III certificate
SETTING STUDENTS UP FOR SUCCESS
Students make career connections through field trips, guest speakers, and by taking advantage of job shadows, co-op, and work experiences in the field of drafting and design.
LEADERSHIP and SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Club participation, competition and leadership can occur with National Technical Honor Society and Student Council.