Updates for CTC Families
CTC returns to In-person Instruction on February 16, 2021
February 10, 2021 - Letter to school families regarding return to in-person instruction
CTC Transition to In-person instruction
Past Communication to CTC Families
December 8, 2020 - extended remote learning through December 20
November 24, 2020 - Remote Learning Letter to CTC Families
November 16, 2020 - Transition to Remote Learning Begins November 18
October 30, 2020 - CTC Hybrid Plan Introduction Letter
October 29, 2020 - Letter to TBAISD School Community (Return to Phase 4)
August 24, 2020 - Sample Letter of Admittance/Orientation to enrolled students
August 20, 2020 - Letter to CTC Families
August 5, 2020 - Letter to CTC Families
CTC Survey Request
Frequently Asked Questions (Click Here)
Will my child be required to wear a mask at CTC?
- All students and staff, upon entering the Career-Tech Center, will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Any individual medically unable to wear face coverings will be requested to provide documentation from a medical professional to the program supervisor.
- View the TBAISD Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protocols
What hygiene practices are occurring at CTC?
- All CTC programs will establish hand washing routines and staff will teach and reinforce the appropriate Hand Hygiene Protocol.
- Custodial staff will ensure ample soap and hand sanitizer is available in classrooms, restrooms, and common areas.
- Sharing of school materials and supplies will be avoided to the greatest extent possible and Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols will be followed.
How is CTC handling social distancing in the building?
- All classrooms will be arranged to adhere to social distancing guidelines as outlined in TBAISD Social Distancing Protocol.
- No assemblies of more than one classroom will occur.
- Safety reminders will be posted throughout each school building.
What is CTC's health screening policy?
- All staff and students are required to complete a building Entry Protocol provided by CTC or the student's local district once each day prior to entering any school facility. We encourage this to be done from home before leaving for school.
- Family members and guests will not be permitted in school buildings except under extenuating circumstances.
- Anyone who feels ill or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 must not enter a school building or bus.
- If illness is identified within a TBAISD building, we will follow CDC guidelines, work in partnership with the county health department, and follow the TBAISD COVID Building Plan when assisting health officials.
- View the TBAISD Response to Illness Protocol for complete details.
What does CTC do to ensure the school building is cleaned properly when school is open?
- Custodial staff work continuously to clean, sanitize, and prepare our school buildings for the safety of students and staff. TBAISD will follow Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols and use the Cleaning Template to ensure cleaning occurs every four hours.
- Plexiglass shields and signage are present in every building.
How will CTC support my child's technical device needs during remote learning?
TBAISD Technology Services will:
- Monitor and assess student technology/connectivity and device needs throughout the school year.
- Partner with program supervisors/instructors to provide technical support to students and families.
- Maintain support for staff devices, connectivity, and resources to meet instructional needs.
If school closes again, what sort of support does CTC offer if my child seems depressed, withdrawn, or scared?
Social-emotional health rests at the foundation of our work and is embedded in all phases of the plan to support students, families, communities, and school personnel. TBAISD will:
- Implement developmentally appropriate and sensitive mental health screenings for students by a trained professional. Screenings may include observation checklists for teachers and questionnaires for students and families.
- Designate a mental health liaison for each TBAISD building to assist with communication and coordination of services.
- Provide wellness resources on the TBAISD website for staff and school families to access.
- Provide staff with ongoing professional development related to social-emotional health.
- Ensure mental and social-emotional health supports are compliant with HIPPA and FERPA policies.
For more information, contact CTC during school hours and ask for the center's mental health liaison.
CTC Start Times for 2020-21
CTC class times have been adjusted to support student and staff safety:
- Morning Session: Begin at 9:15 a.m. and end at 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon Session: Begin at 12:30 p.m. and end at 2:45 p.m.
- MTA Session: Begin at 7:30 a.m. and end at 11:30 a.m.
Students will not be permitted into the building until the appointed time.