Michigan Education Evaluation Postings and Assurances: Teachers/Administrators
1. Research Base
2. Identity and Qualifications of Tool Author
3. Reliability, Validity and Efficacy
4. Framework, Rubric, Performance Level Descriptors and Summative Indicators
5. Evaluation Process
- Evaluators will conduct formal, informal and/or walkthrough observation(s) during the school year, including (for instructional staff) reviewing the lesson plan(s), identifying the state curriculum standard(s) used and conducting an assessment of pupil engagement within the lesson(s) as appropriate.
- Evidence will be collected using the iObservation system http://www.iobservation.com/
- Evaluation conferences will be conducted using the iObservation system, other web-supported applications and/or in person.
- Performance ratings and performance improvement plans will be developed in accordance with the Marzano Teacher, instructional Support, School Leader and/or District Leader Evaluation Models, as appropriate and/or the iObservation system and Board of Education Policies pertaining to the evaluation of employees.
6. Evaluator/Observer Training Plan selections:
Domain I Framework, Protocols, Inter-Rater Reliability Scoring and Feedback
Domains II, III, IV Creating Units of Instruction
Supervision and Feedback
Observing for College and Career Readiness Standards
Board of Education Training