Behavior as Instruction
Using our region’s model of instruction, the Marzano Standard-Based Classroom Teaching Map, the work of the behavior department is the integration of the Conditions for Learning to optimize academic instruction. The conditions for learning are:
- Establishing rules and procedures
- Recognizing adherence and lack of adherence to rules and procedures
- Using engagement strategies when students are not engaged
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships
- Communicating high expectations for all learners
The behavior team is composed of staff from in the general education Instructional Services Team (IST) and the Special Education team. These groups collaborate closely with content specialists and itinerant staff to support the best outcomes for all learners.