The Michigan Online Educator Certification system (MOECS) is a secure web-based system that allows educators to register and create private accounts and have access to all of their certification data, apply for certificates and endorsements, and renew their certificates.
Helpful resources about educator certification:
- Certification Rule Updates (June 20, 2014)
- Certificate Renewals & Progression (Sept. 1, 2013)
- Guidelines for PD under Michigan Compiled Law (Oct. 2013)
- District Provided PD Used for Certificate Renewal (Feb. 2013)
- Facts about Michigan Teacher Permits
- Educator/Administrator Certification Video Resource
- Professional Development Q&A
- Professional Development Annual Reporting Forms (MDE Link)
Most certificates expire on June 30 of the year of expiration. All certificate applications are processed as 'first come - first serve' and expediting services are not available. Processing time is impacted when application supporting documentation is not complete.